Ever research a product or service on the internet and a few days later see small adds about that product or service pop up on your screen while you’re searching for something else? When this happens, it’s due to retargeting or remarketing.
It can be a little annoying, but it’s here to stay: 91% of marketers have found B2B retargeting to perform as well as or better than email, display, and search ads. Here’s how you can make it work for your organization.
B2B Retargeting — How Does it Work?
Retargeting can be a powerful tool for B2B marketers. Here’s how it works:
- The prospective buyer visits your website and is targeted with a retargeting cookie.
- Thanks to the retargeting cookie, the potential buyer will start to see your ads on social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
- As soon as the buyer clicks on your ad, he or she is redirected to your website to take the next step toward doing business with you.
For B2B companies, retargeting is all about showcasing your brand’s message across different digital channels to ensure you stay top of mind with potential customers after they’ve left your site.
How Retargeting Helps B2B Companies
Many B2B companies fail to capture leads from their website. The primary reason? They do not offer compelling, helpful, content that entices the site visitor to give their contact information in exchange for the useful information.
And though you can’t whip up a ton of content overnight to make your website more engaging to site visitors, what you can do – fairly quickly — is set up a B2B retargeting plan.
The benefits of B2B retargeting include:
- Building value over time
- Allowing your brand to display captivating offers to boost conversion
- Sustaining brand awareness
- Drawing potential customers back to your website
According to research, retargeting can convert up to 50%, while search campaigns generally only convert around 2%.
Retargeting and Lead Generation
The buying cycle for B2B products and services is typically longer than that of consumer goods. In the case of B2B products and services, customers invest more time assessing all available options.
B2B retargeting helps potential customers remain in touch with your brand while they are exploring other options on the market. If you continue to engage them over time via retargeting, it increases the chances of converting them into leads and, ultimately, customers.
KPIs for Measuring the Success of Retargeting Initiatives
Brand exposure and recognition are two key performance indicators (KPIs) for measuring the success of retargeting initiatives in a B2B organization.
Compared to other marketing strategies, retargeting generated the maximum increase in business name searches by 1,046%. The primary goal of a retargeting campaign is sharing the right message with the right people at the most suitable time. Therefore, CTRs play a critical role in the KPIs for measuring the success of B2B retargeting campaigns.
Useful Tips for Starting a Retargeting Campaign
If you’re setting up a B2B retargeting campaign for the first time, follow these tips.
- Start with a comprehensive strategy. Don’t start retargeting without a clear objective.
- Identify your target audience.
- Test different retargeting campaigns with different audiences to identify what’s working best for your brand.
- Keep your audience engaged. Build landing pages that provide potential customers with useful information or lucrative offers.
There’s a lot more involved in turning potential customers into sales than just setting up a retargeting campaign. In this blog post we discuss B2B retargeting best practices and strategies.
Ready to plan your B2B retargeting campaign? We’ve got the tools to help you succeed. Contact us today!